Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Easta

For the past..hum, 20 something years it's been Happy Easta in my family...rather than Easter because aparently that's how I used to say it!  So....looks like it stuck!!!  Sydney will never know how to say it right.  ha!

Sydney's first Easter was overwhelming for her, to say the least, but she ate up every single minute of it!  There's nothing like spending 3 days celebrating your birthday and then going straight into Easter!  This was what the Easter Bunny left for her at home. 



Don't worry, this isn't all she got.....by the end of the day she had 4 Easter Baskets!!!!!  Yes 4!  It was like birthday in a basket ALL DAY LONG. 
 Thanks Grandma & Grandad, Uncle Chad, Aunt Valerie, KK, Caleb and Jake and Uncle Jamie, Aunt Nat and Jackson. 



She was WIDE-OPEN before church so we couldn't really keep her very still for a good picture in her bunny dress.  Of course, she's saying "hi" to the camera. 



Sis with her handsome Daddy. 



And Sis with Mama. 



Isn't this sweet!  It so reminds me of the old days when Natalie and I were with Mary Thomas and Patrick 24/7.  Poor Bubba was the only boy!  ha!  Now, Sydney is the only girl and she LOVES every single minute of these precious boys!  They keep her cracking up. 



Look at these two sweet bunnies!



And our family of 3. 


After an exciting morning at church we headed to Granny Konow's to visit with the family and eat some good grub.  I'm ashamed to say I have NO pics.  I was too busy trying to feed my face I guess?!

After Granny K's we went out to Jim & Marsha's for the annual Spears Easter Lunch and hunt. 



Here are all of the kids lined up ready to start hunting for some GOOD stuff.  We kept Sydney out of the hunt this year because #1 - it was WET AND ICKY.  And #2 - I didn't want to end up having to eat all of the junk she found.  So....next year is gonna be her year.  We even had Whitney @ Red Bird make her a cutie basket for this year but didn't get to use it...it'll be perfect for next year!

She had a big time with her Oldham cousins.  She just loved Bailey.  Lordy...I remember holding her when she was Sydney's age. 



Sydney and Bailey were watching for the dogs.  Sydney has decided she likes them, more than her Mama at least, which isn't saying much. 

Even though we stayed busy running from one place to the other all day, we were sure to remember the REAL reason to celebrate the special day.  When I read this on my sister's FB status the other day I thought it was absolutely awesome and just wanted to share...


Greatest man in history, named Jesus, had no servants, yet they called him Master.
 Had no degree, yet they called him Teacher.
Had no medicines, yet they called him Healer.
 He had no army, yet kings feared him.
 He won no military battles, yet he conquered the world.
He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him..... He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today.

We hope you had a Happy Easter celebrating your family, friends and more importantly our Risen Saviour!

No comments:

Post a Comment